Over the years quite a few people have commented on my “good luck” or how seemingly glamorous my life is and has been as an entrepreneur. While I wouldn’t trade my path and I’m too forward looking to consider regret, my road certainly hasn’t been straight and I still focus everyday on “making it”. Many long days, long nights, frustrations, and failures are behind the “wins” that never seem as big or as permanent as the challenges.
I’ve been fortunate to start a few companies, have investors believe in me, and to help lots of people. Even though most of my full-time effort for the past 20+ years has been on my own businesses and projects, I’ve worked a lot of gigs around the edges to make ends meet. Aside from being able to eat, my wide range of experience has taught me a lot about people, their aspirations, and how to solve problems.
And I wouldn’t change any of it.
Jobs I’ve Held / Things I’ve Done
- Auto Mechanic
- Auto Body Technician
- Electronics Sales Person
- Satellite Dish Installer
- Security System Installer
- Internet Service Installer
- Help Desk Agent (My first tech. job at an ISP in the 90s!)
- Motorcycle Parts Sales Person
- Student Loan Consultant
- Pizza Delivery Driver
- Carpet Installer
- Newspaper Delivery (My first business, starting at 8 or 9.)
- Lawn Mowing (My second business, started with my brother around age 9 or 10.)
- Medical Study Participant
- Snowmobile Mechanic
- Construction Laborer
- Mobile Phone Repair Technician
- Cellular Service Sales Person